Mark

The Last Sharknado: It's About Time

Mark    144

Reminder:  It's been shark week on the SciFi Channel.  It culminates tonite with the premiere of what can only be referred to  Sharknado 6. I shit you not, this will be a special evening!  They promise that this will be the very last one, and aside from the hungry sharks flying out of swirling vortexes of water shredding celebrities, this episode adds the curious element of time travel.  Looks like they've finally run out of creative ways to dismember Tara Reid.  We shall see.  Starts at 8 PM with an encore presentation afterward.  Full review here later.

Mark    144

As they say on Rotten Tomatoes, these Sharknado episodes are so bad, they're good.  Sure enough, the newest (and final) episode did not disappoint.  Tara Reid's April character was down to just her head remaining the last time we saw her.  But in this episode Fin (yep, that's his name, I didn't make it up) and his compatriots go back in time to the Jurassic era and find the real April still in one piece.  She's a pterodactyl pilot fighting the first sharknado.  By the end of the show, there was an army of robotic April's, April's head, the real April, and an evil April.  I know, I know, sounds confusing.  And contrived.  And absurd.  And just plain stupid.  Well it was, but that's what makes it so great.  I'd have to say the most romantic moment in the film was when Fin kisses April's head on the lips while it is in a shark's mouth.  (Yeah, that's right, romance!  Sorry you missed it now aren't you.)

Anyways, lots of action, and history, and cool storyline. Lots of cool cameo appearances including Dee Snider, Gilbert Gottfried, Tori Spelling, Alaska Thunderfuck, Christopher Knight & Bernie Kopell. Sadly, Al Roker was strangely missing from this go around.  I noticed, because he has been in the last 4 previous episodes.  So, if you get a chance to see it, go ahead.  But be warned: you won't be able to look away.  And you'll never get those two hours of your life back ...

Edited by Mark
  • Haha 1

Chris    910

So did this series start out, "We're gonna make a movie so bad it'll be hilarious." or just kind of progress that way? 

Either way, I'll take your word for it. I appreciate your dedication, watching it so we didn't have to xD

Hal    213

Mark ... that , as Chris said was Kind of you to make the sacrifice of watching a train wreck so the rest of us could look away ! I know you well enough by now to know you like to be entertained ...  but damn man 😂 ! 

Mark    144
16 hours ago, Chris said:

Either way, I'll take your word for it. I appreciate your dedication, watching it so we didn't have to xD

Dude!  I watched it twice!  You know, so I could be accurate in my reporting ... :D

• Like 1