Mark

Saw It: Avengers: Infinity War

Mark    144

Got to see this film this weekend at the awesome Heights theater.  Nearly constant action throughout, it was a great ride, very thrilling.  Having the characters from the Guardians of the Galaxy series in this film was a treat, as they are such fun to watch.

Now I have to say they warned anyone who saw this film not to give away the ending, and they weren't kidding.  I never saw it coming.  All I can say is that when the first ending credit hit the screen, every little kid in that theater jumped out of their seat and screamed "NOOOOO!!!"  My wife an I always sit through the credits because, well just because (think "shawarma").  Most people headed for the doors because of the ending, but we soldiered on.  At the very, very end, there was a short clip that added just a tiny bit to the story.  Worth staying for.

All in all, a great film with a guaranteed sequel.  There had better be a sequel, otherwise "NOOOOOO!!"

Chris    951

We just got back from watching it at The Heights and yeah, that was an awesome movie. 

Action right out of the gate and it was almost like a third Guardians movue. Actually, I felt like it was a couple movies worth of storyline wrapped up in one movie but not in a bad way. 

Safe to say the next one is gonna seem like forever to come out. 

Johnny Go    167

Just saw it.  Not sure how I feel about it once I get past the CGI. The story line is disturbing.  Not because I don't like fiction, but because it seems too close to being something that can happen.  No, not the how, but the objective of Thanos.

In fact, try googling "Thanos is a good guy".

Thanos sees the bigger picture, he has the vision, balls and power to do what needs to be done to preserve balance in the whole universe. Everyone else is just fighting him to save their boyfriends and families etc but that is tiny and puny in the large scheme of things. My two cents.

I know the best Sci-Fi is realistic, but this is more of a 1984, of Fahrenheit 451 type realistic.  Like I say, disturbing.

Edited by Johnny Go
  • Like 1

KReed    442

We never go see stuff at theaters. Never. Wed have a surround system with 8 speakers and a 70" TV, there is no justification for theater prices. 

So I just got around to seeing this. The timing was a bonus and now I get the Bernie Sanders joke Ted Cruz made the other day!!

Now that we have netflix and can search  for more, I'm on to check a few others that I never saw.

Edited by KReed

KReed    442

The action and effects were great!

I do think they could have split it into two movies; the plot sure had enough going on for that.

The ending was certainly unexpected…..and somewhat disappointing. For me, it was a little less disappointing to lose some of the newer characters from movies I hadn’t seen.

Two movies could also have included some background on a few of the those characters for those that may have followed every movie. Not that I couldn’t follow the story without more background – but there would have been time to put some in without slowing the action too much. And given the audience a little more emotion and made them feel a little less like they were wearing red shirts.

KReed    442

I will definitely see how the End Game wraps it up….but only after I’ve gone back to see a couple of earlier movies.

I tried to watch Black Panther a while back and didn’t make it far….but saw enough that I knew what the bubble force field thing was about. 

I think I could like the time wizard guy with his magic cape and samurai side-kick. So I’ll watch that. Will also look for Captain Marvel before End Game.

Chris    951

Yeah, you definitely do better with Infinity War and Endgame if you've seen all the other Marvel movies. 

What I saw of Black Panther wasn't bad, but I don't think it was good as it was hyped up to be. But like you, I knew enough of about it to keep up. Dr. Strange is definitely worth watching. 

And please PU-LEAZE tell me you've watched the "Guardians of the Galaxy" movies.

KReed    442

Yes, I've seen the Guardians movies...so it didn't seem like those characters were red shirts to me.

Chris    951

Thinking about it more, I don't think any of the other Marvel movies were bad so you could still watch them for the entertainment alone. I wasn't a HUGE fan of the Thor series, but "Ragnorak" was really good. 

KarenK    79
9 hours ago, Chris said:

Thinking about it more, I don't think any of the other Marvel movies were bad so you could still watch them for the entertainment alone. I wasn't a HUGE fan of the Thor series, but "Ragnorak" was really good. 

Thor & Captain America movies were my favorites.

• Like 1

KReed    442
50 minutes ago, KarenK said:

Thor & Captain America movies were my favorites.

For some reason, I missed the second Captain America - and can't seem to find it free on Netflix, Prime or Dish Anywhere at the moment. I'm sure it (and Captain Marvel) will be available before End Game

KarenK    79
22 minutes ago, KReed said:

For some reason, I missed the second Captain America - and can't seem to find it free on Netflix, Prime or Dish Anywhere at the moment. I'm sure it (and Captain Marvel) will be available before End Game

Winter Soldier is the 2nd one I think.    I did rent it on Amazon for a few bucks I think, but it's on cable quite a bit too.  You just get commercials.