Sign in to follow this  
KReed

Burgers & Beer Corning - RAVE

KReed    415

http://www.corningburgers.beer/

https://www.facebook.com/CorningBurgers/

I know many are skeptical of new openings…….but we checked out this place today – a week after they opened their doors for this location (they have had a spot in Hammondsport for a few years).

For strictly burger/food, they have a pretty automated “order here” and, seat yourself, self-serve type set up. But we sat at the bar for full service.

As a bar…..they offer over 30 beers on tap and relatively full wine/liquor service. Ross was a young fellow who clearly learned “old school” bar habits from some older generation. Super friendly, accommodating for tasting samples….and just plain cheerful rapport.

Domestic beers are $1.75 8oz/$3 pint and the extensive selection of IPAs are all $3.50 8oz /$6 pint.

Along with my husband’s craft beer (after a taste) and my mixed drink, I ordered wings (hot buffalo + garlic parm) and they were very good. Can’t say enough how refreshing it was to get a 4 oz bleu cheese (as opposed to a ½ full 2 oz cup and being charged a $1 for “extra”).

When the husband ordered “the same” wings an hour later (on a new kitchen shift), the fresh grated parmesan was absent….but Ross rectified that by bringing out a generous cup of parmesan immediately – before they started to cool.

We got a glimpse of burgers that others ordered. All looked to be every bit of the third pound they advertise (Kansas sourced angus) and we will definitely be trying them on the next visit.  

Edited by KReed
  • Like 2

Chris    910

You had me at "over 30 beers on tap".

We don't get up there much, but I'll keep it in mind. 

• Haha 1

Chris    910

A co-worker was just raving about this place yesterday. She says there's another in Hammondsport ( I think ) and when her husband saw the one in Corning he stopped right in the middle of the street and showed her. Guess where they ate that day?

She highly recommended the Buffalo Wing fries.