Spiff

Sample This BBQ

KReed    415
1 hour ago, Spiff said:

Ive got a video of some dude smashing an egg on his head in the building last week after it closed. I heard they had an egg fight inside and pelted the outside with eggs. He was not supposed to be cooking or serving any food and some of the stuff he had up for sale was not his. Not his first run in with the law I saw his mugshot out of Texas I believe for fraud and or forgery

Not his first run in by a longshot....

https://arrestfacts.com/Andrew-Sample-1Z0Y22

Warrant:F-2007-1053-C

Offense date:Mar 2, 2011

Fine or court cost:$55

Charge:MOTION TO REVOKE PROBATION

Offense date:Feb 18, 2009

Issuing authority:DENTON DIST

Charge:MTAG-FORGERY FINANCIAL INSTRUMENT

Bond type:$15,000 Surety Bond

Warrant:JT268421

Offense date:Feb 18, 2009

Issuing authority:FT WORTH PD

Charge:FMFR

Bond type:$339 Surety Bond

Warrant id:F-2007-1054-C

Charge:FRAUD USE POSS OF IDENTIFYING INFO

Issuing auth:DENTON PD

Offense date:Nov 4, 2006

Bond type:$2,500 - Surety Bond

Charge desposition:Bond Posted

Offense date:Sep 27, 2006

Charge:FORGERY FINANCIAL INSTRUMENT - 2 COUNTS

KReed    415

Wow!!

How did Addecco let them rack up $99,000 in arrears?

And why is the judge adjourning this for another two moths???

Ann    266
On 9/12/2018 at 6:48 PM, KReed said:

Wow!!

How did Addecco let them rack up $99,000 in arrears?

And why is the judge adjourning this for another two moths???

Felony charges handled by county court.  Local court can only do arraignment on felonies, has no jurisdiction to accept a plea on a felony so are basically babysitting.  Up to DA’s Office to present to Grand Jury for indictment before local court can transfer to County Court. 

KReed    415

Thank you Ann...that explains it some.

Still not clear on why no indictment would be out yet after charges with three different payee victims being ripped off (supplier, Adecco and staff). Hopefully Texas has an active warrant and will extradite the schiester so we aren't stuck paying for his prison time (and then get him back on our streets).

I'm not sure what kind of "markup" fees Adecco charges but if they were sending temps that get $12/hr and even billing Sample double ($24/hr)....that $99k amounts to over 4000 hours.

Seems like they should have stopped sending staff before that. I'm no fan of Adecco, but I'd have to assume they did pay their temps and probably won't ever see that  money. 

Ann    266

I believe the DA has up to 6 months from time of arraignment to decide if felony charges will be presented to Grand Jury for indictment which is reason for adjournments in local courts. 

I can say from past experience that a good number of felony cases are reduced to misdemeanor charges and returned to local courts for disposition.  I also never understood the reasoning, I had my own opinions,  but at the end of the day my opinions are just that, mine and count for very little. 

I’m still trying to process how 3 individuals can attack someone resulting in a death, the body is simply thrown  in a dumpster and a conviction for assault is the result.

• Like 1

Adam    19

I am curious, wasnt the good pastors over at HIS either silent partners in his restaurant or at very least putting on a big push for folks in the congregation to go there? If so perhaps the good Rev might help those in need at this time

Chris    910

Yeah, I was kinda wondering where all the people who were proclaiming Sample This better on social media posts about Hometown BBQ went. 

One gives back to the community, the other... well...

KarenK    75
On 10/26/2018 at 8:15 AM, Jack said:

Rumor has it Don sold the Hometown to the Samples? Take over the 25th of this month. 

Someone supposedly looked it up and it shows the wife purchased the business.  If so, I hope the seller got cash up front.

• Like 1

Chris    910

Other local media is reporting that Andrew Sample is being charged with Grand Larceny, 3rd degree. The arraignment is tomorrow.

Spiff    75
12 hours ago, Chris said:

Other local media is reporting that Andrew Sample is being charged with Grand Larceny, 3rd degree. The arraignment is tomorrow.

Not sure if its the same but Adeco was building a case against him with their lawyers.