Sign in to follow this  
gratefulseedsaver

Hobby or (Obsession)???

Okay, I have to admit that this once was a ‘hobby’. But somehow it managed to put some sort of a spell on me and it became an ‘obsession’. Unfortunately, I was blessed with a lifeline that returned me back to ‘hobby’ status...my wife. She’s been a good sport through it all, but that ‘ultimatum’ card came flying out of the deck nearly took off my favorite place to hang my hat (my head)... but I’ve seen the light (and it sure is a bright light) and the ‘path’ has become clear again. Hobby it is...I sure am going to miss that ‘obsession’. Fortunately, ‘obsession’ willleave me a pile of cash from my ‘labor of love’ and I’m sure that I’ll ‘fall of the wagon’ again sometime soon.

My 1936 Harley Davidson EL going to the auction block...she’s going to make someones day, like she did mine. That I’m sure... I miss her already:(

4B4C1F6F-0975-4FB1-88D7-8A33B6EF364F.jpeg

83C52B1D-8A0D-4667-8E3B-4C2184F0A9F6.jpeg

F08749F0-D5F5-48B5-A4C2-F49326AA8AD3.jpeg

3EA047F5-820C-4360-95CB-0AF7C25DBA71.jpeg

• Sad 1

Chris    1,314

Oh, sorry you’re sending her down the road ( the bike of course ).

You know, I don’t know if I have an “obsession” per se. I have my hands in a lot of things and a lot of interests, but they sort of ebb and flow over the years. They’re always there, but sometimes one gets more attention than the other.

Theres vintage toys ( focus on Star Wars but several 80’s  lines that I like ). There’s music, playing semi-professionally for the better part of 15 years. There’s writing, silly websites like this, etc. but I don’t know if I have an “obsession”.

That kinda stinks. LOL

• Like 1

Hal    252

That ... is a Lot of Bike right there !! 

• Like 1

It was a challenge bringing this ‘ol’ timer’ back to spec/life, but it purrs like a kitten, now. It got an ‘Excellent’ rating from Hagerty and brought $124,000.00 with a $100,000 reserve at the auction block. A good lick, but I know I’ll never have another like it again. Parts were more that a pain to source.

• Like 1