Announcement
  • Welcome to all new and returning Rurlife.com subscribers!
  • Have something on your mind? Sign up today, it's easy and free. Wa want to hear from you!
  • In an effort to combat an increase of attempts by SPAM accounts to sign up, some of them successful, increased security measures are in place. We apologize for the inconvenience to our new members.
Sign in to follow this  
Rurlife.com

Goat Playgrounds: A Place To Play!

Rurlife.com    12

Goats are many things: lively, intelligent, playful, curious, useful.  It’s the playfulness that can be the undoing of the novice goat-owner. Without a suitable outlet for a caprine’s rambunctious nature, that playfulness can translate into destructiveness for infrastructure and fencing. For this reason, goat playgrounds are highly recommended.

Screen Shot 2020-02-07 at 9.44.13 AM.png

Goat playgrounds are more than just cute and amusing facilities; they are a necessary component to keep the animals’ innate curiosity and liveliness from getting out of hand and resulting in damage to property and infrastructure.

From their wild ancestors, today’s domestic goats have inherited a genetic aptitude for climbing. A caprine’s sure-footed nature means they enjoy climbing — not only to explore, but to establish hierarchy among themselves. In the absence of sheer rocky ledges, your car’s roof, a fence ledge, or your bent-over back could act as the next best thing.

See the rest of the article here.

Chris    1,212

Geez, and I thought my boys were lucky for the rock pile I put out for them to climb on!