Announcement
  • Welcome to all new and returning Rurlife.com subscribers!
  • Have something on your mind? Sign up today, it's easy and free. Wa want to hear from you!
  • In an effort to combat an increase of attempts by SPAM accounts to sign up, some of them successful, increased security measures are in place. We apologize for the inconvenience to our new members.
Sign in to follow this  
Rurlife.com

This Rare Indonesian Chicken Is Completely Black Inside And Out

Rurlife.com    12

Screen Shot 2020-02-05 at 9.13.02 AM.png

Love having some unusual birds in your chicken coop? Then we've found the chicken breed for you. This rare Indonesian chicken is completely black, on the outside as well as on the inside.

If you have a thing for exotic looking chickens, you need to meet the Ayam Cemani. This Indonesian chicken is a rare breed, but you won't mistake it for any other. It's completely black, featuring feathers with a metallic sheen. Its skin is even black, they have black feathers and a black beak, and roosters have a black comb. But even more unusual? All of its internal organs and bones are black, too.

Read more about these birds here.

Chris    1,212

If you want an all-black Indonesian chicken for your own, be prepared to invest quite a bit. Greenfire Farms in Florida, which has managed to import the black-boned chickens to the United States and start a breeding program, lists prices between $199 and $400 per bird.

if you have a good breeding program, that initial outlay could be recuperated pretty quick. It's kinda tempting. 

Hal    236

These came up in a conversation last week . The question came  “ even the eggs are black inside ? “ I of course found something to do ... quickly . an interesting point though so I’ll have to investigate even though I’m pretty sure of what I’ll find out ! 😉😂

Edited by Hal