Announcement
  • Welcome to all new and returning Rurlife.com subscribers!
  • Have something on your mind? Sign up today, it's easy and free. Wa want to hear from you!
  • In an effort to combat an increase of attempts by SPAM accounts to sign up, some of them successful, increased security measures are in place. We apologize for the inconvenience to our new members.
Sign in to follow this  
Rurlife.com

Goat Chat

Rurlife.com    12

Just a random thread for open discussion about your goats. Something new you're doing? Have some new ones on the way? Let's hear about it!

Chris    1,212

Some time around noon today something spooked the goats so bad they retreated to the far corner of their yard and doesn’t look like they moved for hours. 

Thinking maybe a bear came through I walked the perimeter looking for tracks, walked up the road, around our property and found nothing. I checked our security camera and the only thing I can see moving is a plastic grocery bag on a stake from last weeks wood delivery. Called the neighbor, he said nothing was up there he knew of. I was here the whole time ( heard nothing ) and when I left they were quiet so I thought they were in sleeping. Nope, they were hiding. 

Really weird for something to spook them so bad they wouldn’t even go in to eat . 

Chris    1,212

I think I’ve mentioned before that our three wethers are spoiled. Seriously, they’re like little dogs with hooves, only more personality. And they like it when “Dad” sits with them. They climb all over me, or at least try to... it’s not as easy as when they were little. This turns into fighting over who gets to be nearest to me. And I’m there in the middle of it. 

A butting of heads behind me turned into a glancing hit to “Dad’s” flank. Fortunately it wasn’t a full on shot to the kidneys, cuz that would have hurt!

Needless to say, that was the end of that visit.