Rurlife.com

Random Chat

KarenK    106

Here's hoping.  It is becoming obvious that I will be filling my propane up at least one more time. I hope it's only one more time.  That would require a relatively mild rest of the winter and early spring.

Chris    1,155

We got through about 7-8 cord a year on average. I typically fire up the boiler Nov. 1 and shut it down in early March, especially if I'm to be out of town a lot the first couple weeks. Otherwise I'll leave it if the weather is bad. 

Due to issues with our wood delivery this year, we ended up short at least a cord. So between what we had left and this 5 cord, I'm pretty certain we'll have 2-3 cord left over. Another 5 cord load and we should be set for Winter 2020. If I do things right we'll be able to always have a couple cord left over each season. 

Chris    1,155

I really wish Spring would get here so I can get out and play in the dirt, get new pens ready and others rehabilitated. 

Ann    330

Even I’m ready for Spring.  I’m tired of this half way Winter, mild/cold/snow/rain.  It’s bad enough dealing with mud in Spring but it seems like we’ve had mud since Fall.