Sign in to follow this  
Linda Roorda

Quilting

Linda Roorda    75

QUILTING - Enlarged a lap quilt to twin bed size the past few days - not the preferred method as one should decide what size is really needed before binding it in the first place LOL!  This is the second one I've enlarged; they both went well, and I'm pleased with the results. Zig-zagged additional cotton batting to the former 1/2" binding inner section, did some "stitching in the ditch" along a front seam to sew the additional backing on, extended the extra fabric border to the original opened-up binding border, then sewed on the new binding strip, and hand sewed that to the backing as usual. Love the larger size!

5e04ba6e9efd5_ScreenShot2019-12-26at8_41_31AM.png.7fb7eb6b0c547354bf897d47d5ffee63.png

Hal    252

Love me some quilts Linda , I have ones from Great Grandmother and Grandmothers . Such works of art and love ! 

• Like 1

Linda Roorda    75
13 hours ago, Hal said:

Love me some quilts Linda , I have ones from Great Grandmother and Grandmothers . Such works of art and love ! 

That's awesome Hal! You have a very special treasure!! I have two white quilted blankets (not actual quilts, and I don't think homemade) which apparently belonged to my mom's grandmother as one has her name stamped in black on one back corner.

• Like 1

Hal    252

That’s the way I see them Linda , treasures ! One in particular is in a storage container and I don’t dare take it out again . I rescued it when my mom passed and the siblings cleaned out her cedar chest where I had seen it as a child ... and that was a few days ago !! 😆