Announcement
  • Welcome to all new and returning Rurlife.com subscribers!
  • Have something on your mind? Sign up today, it's easy and free. Wa want to hear from you!
  • In an effort to combat an increase of attempts by SPAM accounts to sign up, some of them successful, increased security measures are in place. We apologize for the inconvenience to our new members.
Chris

Star Wars IX: The Rise Of Skywalker *CAUTION: SPOILERS AHEAD!*

Chris    1,215

80445312_3019161791448863_5774919705152192512_n.jpg.jpeg

We went to see it at The Heights Theater tonight. 

I'm well aware of what the critics are saying. As much as I've tried to ignore them I'm well aware of what the so called "fans", the neckbeards ( who like Comic Guy on the Simpsons, sit around taking delight in shitting on everything, enjoying nothing ) are saying. 

They're wrong. 

I wasn't sure what to expect, and it exceeded my expectations. It was intense from the very start and was an emotional roller coaster. When the lights went up I texted some friends writing simply, "Abrams knocked it out of the fu--ing park."

I don't understand the hate. Sure, TLJ had some problems but this one, I didn't see any glaring plot holes, mistakes, etc like people are claiming. 

Let's keep it spoiler free for a couple weeks so folks can get a chance to enjoy it. But if you've seen it, I'd like to hear your overall thoughts. We'll dive deeper another day. 

Ann    339

I’ve often observed that what movies the “critics” don’t like are often awesome movies that I enjoy very much.  I don’t ever pay attention to what they say.

Chris    1,215

Anyone else seen it recently and have thoughts about it? Anyone I know that has all say the same thing: "Wow!"

Remember to use the "spoiler" icon, just in case. 

Adam    34

i liked it, especially the callbacks to the original trilogy, overall excellent way to close out the series

• Like 1

Chris    1,215

Okay, it's been nearly a month and it's made ONE BILLION DOLLARS. Feel free to post spoilers, more detailed thoughts about scenes, etc. 

Chris    1,215

I'll break the ice:

When I heard that familiar voice, "Hey kid." I "got something in my eye". 

Screen Shot 2020-01-18 at 7.09.13 AM.png

And the line, "I know." was spot on perfect. 

Chris    1,215

Also, I saw people complaining about the title, "The Rise Of Skywalker" when they're all dead. Or Rey taking the name at the end.

They're completely missing the point of course. For one, they were the closest things to parents she knew, so she may as well be. Two, Kylo Ren/ Ben's redemption at the end and destruction of the Sith is, in many ways, the rise of the family name.