Sign in to follow this  
Johnny Go

Pine Valley Music Festival

Johnny Go    167

We didn't arrive until about 8pm.  There were those large, orange roadside information signs on the road as we approached the event.  The event parking was well organized at the top of the field.  Below us a large sized crowd of people sitting in lawn chairs, many next to coolers, were spread out in front of a large stage.  There were, of course, a group of dancers in front of the stage.  The sound quality was excellent, some significant PA equipment was being put to good use.  I spent some time stage front doing my thing as usual, except this old timer is now putting plugs in the ears to save what is left from the usual thing.

We spent the next two hours kicking back and enjoying some fantastic 70's rock by Still Kickin'.  Towards the end  we drove away the chill of the fall evening by standing next to one of the large campfires provided by the organizers.

Overall, a well executed and enjoyable event in our backyard.  Hard to believe it was free to attend.  Kudos to the organizers, especially the land owner that hosts this.

• Like 1

Chris    951

That's great! Far too often those type of things are poorly organized and never make it past that first attempt. 

Chris    951

I just looked into this a little more and realized it was their FIRST ONE! So there was some seriously good organizers working on this to make it happen so well.

I saw a clip of Still Kickin' and was pretty impressed.