Jump to content
Announcement
  • Welcome to all new and returning Rurlife.com subscribers!
  • Have something on your mind? Sign up today, it's easy and free. Wa want to hear from you!
  • In an effort to combat an increase of attempts by SPAM accounts to sign up, some of them successful, increased security measures are in place. We apologize for the inconvenience to our new members.
Chris

Bejing Garden

Recommended Posts

Chris    1,215

I know there's people who love their food, but judging by the takeout we got tonight, I can't understand why. 

The fried rice was just brown colored rice. I think I saw a piece of onion and the tiniest sliver of egg. Even with the soy sauce, there was absolutely no flavor. I make better fried rice here at home. 

The sesame chicken had flavor, but it was just large globs of...whatever. 

Wife got chicken and broccoli with Lo Mein and she just picked out the broccoli and ate that. 

Most of what we ordered went in the garbage. It was awful, even for Chinese takeout. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KarenK    111
2 hours ago, Chris said:

I know there's people who love their food, but judging by the takeout we got tonight, I can't understand why. 

The fried rice was just brown colored rice. I think I saw a piece of onion and the tiniest sliver of egg. Even with the soy sauce, there was absolutely no flavor. I make better fried rice here at home. 

The sesame chicken had flavor, but it was just large globs of...whatever. 

Wife got chicken and broccoli with Lo Mein and she just picked out the broccoli and ate that. 

Most of what we ordered went in the garbage. It was awful, even for Chinese takeout. 

 

Not a fan of that place.  Used to be the best but not anymore.  Dragon Wok in Village Plaza is my go-to for take out.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chris    1,215
8 hours ago, KarenK said:

 Dragon Wok in Village Plaza is my go-to for take out.

Well have to try them again, it's been years. Although I seem to remember their egg rolls being kinda plain. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spiff    85
On 8/3/2019 at 6:40 AM, Chris said:

Well have to try them again, it's been years. Although I seem to remember their egg rolls being kinda plain. 

I dont eat at dragon wok anymore. If you have fond memories of them then from years ago dont spoil them by going there now. My 2 places are Shanghai Express in big flats and Thai Asian 119 in the square. 119 has handy online ordering with an app called beyond menu.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KRSullivan    123

Dragon Wok used to be my favorite,  But everything seems bland. 

Taste of Asia on College Ave. near Edison is our go to place now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Johnny Go    179

Evergreen on the point at Main and Park used to be my go to.  Too bad they were so rude when it came to blocking the view of Park Church from downtown., they deserved what they got.  (dripping sarcasm for those not attuned to my opinion about   .The.Circle. ) 

Big thumbs up to Big Flats Shanghai Express.

Edited by Johnny Go

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chris    1,215

Yeah, Evergreen was our go to as well. 

Fortunately I only eat Chinese once in a great, great while.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KarenK    111

Agree that Shanghai Express is really good but also really out of my way.  Usually I grab Chinese at the last minute on my way home.  Dragon Wok is definitely not what it used to be but still better than Beijing Gardens by a mile.  I have yet to try the place in the Heights.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PBW    0

Taste of Asia across from Edison does a great job! Clean atmosphere too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×