Chris

New Electronic Billboard Signs In Elmira

Chris    951

I haven't seen the one that's going in on College Ave, but I've passed by the one on Water St. a time or two now. And at first something seemed strange  about it. Thinking it more, I believe I know why. 

Here you've got this beautiful landscape of the river flowing through downtown Elmira. Granted, you can't see it from a car on Water St. so much. But right there, where you can't possibly avoid seeing it, is this huge sign. It seems angled so you'll see it best on the approach going towards Madison Ave. so from along side and behind it's just a big black thing towering over the river. It just looks aesthetically wrong to me. 

And I don't think it's been lit up yet, so I'm still concerned about how bright it will be to drivers at night time. You know, like the one on the Arena where, when it's flashing white lights you have to slow down and hope you don't miss someone crossing the street. 

Anyway, I wondered if anyone else saw them or had an opinion about them. 

KarenK    79

Not positive exactly where it is so I guess I haven't seen it yet.  I take Water St in to work in the morning but only as far as Baldwin.  

Chris    951

It's on the corner of Water and Madison. I can't believe you haven't noticed it, even not yet turned on. 

Hal    218

I saw the frame work for that last week my reaction ... WTF ? Although not lit I cannot for the life of me see where this is good for any buisness much less revitalization of the City . I think the appropriate slang is FUGLY ! 

• Like 1