Sign in to follow this  
ElmiraTelegram

New Guest Column

ElmiraTelegram    124

The following was sent out earlier today. Hopefully it will take off:

Good afternoon everyone,

Hopefully you enjoyed your Independence Day despite the rain!

Since starting ElmiraTelegram.com five years ago, the section that I am most proud of and enjoy most is the "Community Voices" section of the website. There, a variety of viewpoints are written by people from throughout the community on a number of topics. 

I'd like to add a Guest Columnist section to the site as well and invite you to take part. The subject matter can be on anything pertaining to local and regional issues. There's no word count limit, I have lots of space on the servers. 

There's no pop up ads, fees or firewalls for readers to contend with. Additionally, your guest column will be promoted on social media to ensure as many people read it as possible. 

So next time you have something on your mind, please consider sending it to ElmiraTelegram.com at this e mail address. ( elmiratelegram@gmail.com )

Thank you for your consideration and have a great Summer!

Chris    951

A couple people have indicated they'd like to participate, I hope to receive something from them, and many others, soon. The more submissions I receive the better. I'd like to run new ones twice a month if possible. 

KReed    442

I may consider a submission or two (if I cane force myself to make time to write).....

Narrowing it to topics "pertaining to local and regional issues" could limit me unless I want to take extra time to frame general philosophy thoughts in a "local" context. My journalism professor was adamant that all news is "local" - if you just find the connection.

Chris    951

Good point. 

For most of the people I sent that to, I figured I was more likely to get a response if I kept it local. That said, if someone wants to write a column on something national or world news related, I won't turn it down!

I should note, the only thing is the guest column would have to be posted under a person's real name, same as the others.