Hal    252
On 2/11/2020 at 8:19 PM, Chris said:

Well honestly, I’d be happy to see someone better come along. 

As would I . But this sets the benchmark for any future elections or candidates. It’s a sophomoric way to elect a candidate because he is not popular or not a cool lawyer . The kid that craps in his section of the sandbox is not going to win the prize for most popular kid I get that . But the kid that craps All Over the sandbox simply out of spite and winning the prize does not benefit All kids in that sandbox . Bad analogy , maybe , more simply put Politics is no place for a Pissing Match as it is now because when the dust settles the American People will be left scratching their heads and bewildered... as many are right now  

KReed    597

After seeing a few commentaries (and a bunch of memes), I just got around to watching Wednesday's debate for myself.

I'm not sure who I'd call a "winner", but certainly looked like the old white guys had the worst night. Bernie, Bloomberg and Biden came of as the most desperate, defensive and arrogant. 

I would say that the personal attacks and cheap shots from all the candidates made most of them look pretty un-electable.....but personal attacks and cheap shots seemed to win 2016. I have to wonder if Trump's bombastic approach has set the new standard for 'electability'. 

Ann    368
4 minutes ago, KReed said:

I would say that the personal attacks and cheap shots from all the candidates made most of them look pretty un-electable.....but personal attacks and cheap shots seemed to win 2016. I have to wonder if Trump's bombastic approach has set the new standard for 'electability'. 

I hope not.  Watching that debate was so painful.  It reminded me of a feeding frenzy in shark infested waters.  The moderators did a horrible job and it seemed like the whole thing was designed to get the best sound bites.

I did not get any clear idea of what any single candidate’s plan was for this country except free, free and more free.  I’m tired of hearing about doing for this group or that group.  How about what are you going to do for the American people.

I used to enjoy watching these debates.  candidates were asked specific questions, had time to answer and rebut.  I want more substance other than “who can beat Trump”.  So far I’m not seeing substance.

Chris    1,314
28 minutes ago, KReed said:

I'm sure but has, sad to say. Right now they're all trying to prove who can sling mud the best. Problem is, they're all also batshit crazy enough on their own. 

At this point, I'm thinking, #GiantAsteroid2020

Chris    1,314

For those keeping track, Steyer and Buttigeg are out. The remaining field will soon double down on “batshit crazy”.

Any guesses who will drop after Super Tuesday? My money’s on Klobichar.

Chris    1,314

Klobichar is out, and reportedly throwing her support behind Joe Biden. 

KReed    597

I thought Super Tuesday was the last hoorah for many, and the withdrew if those numbers were untenable.

But nearly half dropping out a day or 2 before super Tuesday? 

I didn't know that was a thing.

Adam    40
2 hours ago, KReed said:

I thought Super Tuesday was the last hoorah for many, and the withdrew if those numbers were untenable.

But nearly half dropping out a day or 2 before super Tuesday? 

I didn't know that was a thing.

they drop out before delegates are awarded more that potentially can go to biden, thats why you see pete and amy throwing support to biden now.....fix is in folks not that i take stock in sides but how anyone could vote democrat now is blind or complicit

Ann    368
10 hours ago, Adam said:

they drop out before delegates are awarded more that potentially can go to biden, thats why you see pete and amy throwing support to biden now.....fix is in folks not that i take stock in sides but how anyone could vote democrat now is blind or complicit

While watching ABC news this morning saw that Biden has promised Buttigieg a place in his administration if elected.  I wonder if the same is true for Klobuchar.

Chris    1,314

Speaking of Biden:

In a surprise moment at the end of his Dallas rally on the eve of Super Tuesday, former Vice President Joe Biden called former Texas Rep. Beto O'Rourke up to the stage -- and vowed to put O'Rourke, who has said the government should forcibly seize assault rifles from Americans, in charge of gun-control efforts.

Biden, taking the microphone after O'Rourke spoke, then announced, "I want to make something clear -- I'm gonna guarantee you, this is not the last you're seeing of this guy -- you're gonna take care of the gun problem with me, you're gonna be the one who leads this effort. I'm counting on you, I'm counting on you, we need you badly."

The rest is here.

Chris    1,314

LOL you beat me to it BlackKat. I heard this on a comedy show I listen to on the way home and was dying. 

This is what happens when one is so afraid of the P.C. police. 

Chris    1,314

Looks like Joe had a pretty good day yesterday. 

Chris    1,314

Just saw Bloomberg is out. 

Dude, if you didn't have anything better to do with that $500 million, you could have sent it this way. 

Chris    1,314

Warren is out. 

I presume her delegates will go towards Bernie more than Joe, which will put those remaining two in a pretty tight race for the nomination. 

Adam    40

so now i see the Dem Playbook has been turned against Bernie in full force, they have trotted out "the russians" are for Bernie now.....how perfectly Orwellian

Chris    1,314

Former Vice President Joe Biden got into a heated and profanity-laced argument with a worker at a Fiat-Chrysler auto plant in Detroit on Tuesday, after the individual accused the Democratic presidential candidate of trying to take away his Second Amendment rights.

"You’re full of sh-- ... I support the Second Amendment," Biden shot back, stressing he's not going to take guns away.

The worker then told Biden, "You're working for me, man," and told Biden that he saw an online video supporting his claim that Biden is hostile to the Second Amendment.

Biden, pointing at the individual as they were mere inches apart in the middle of a crowd, said he's not working for him and told him not to be "such a horse's a--."

Biden, at one point mistakenly referring to "AR-14's," went on to press the individual to acknowledge that machine guns are illegal. Biden appeared to then misspeak in saying AR-15's are illegal, before questioning why anyone needs "100 rounds."

The dispute, caught on camera, happened at the Fiat-Chrysler plant as Biden stumped for votes in Michigan, the biggest prize among the states voting Tuesday with 125 delegates at stake.

The rest can be seen here.

I've read a lot of speculation online as to the state of Biden's mental health, some going so far as to suggest possible dementia. I won't go down that road, but it is disconcerting to see how fast Joe goes from 0-60 when someone criticizes him. There's been several unflattering videos from the campaign trail that make ya wonder if he has the temperament or perhaps there is a possible issue. 

Ann    368

So Biden doesn’t “work” for that individual American citizen?  That, in a nutshell, says it all.

KReed    597
12 hours ago, Ann said:

So Biden doesn’t “work” for that individual American citizen?  That, in a nutshell, says it all.

At the moment, I think that's technically accurate....since he is no longer a senator or the VP.

Let's hope he keeps "not working" for American citizens.

• Like 1

Ann    368
1 hour ago, KReed said:

At the moment, I think that's technically accurate....since he is no longer a senator or the VP.

Let's hope he keeps "not working" for American citizens.

True.  The fact that he said it gives me reason to believe he believes what he said whether he is in or out of public office.  

• Like 3