Chris    1,314

This was on the news last night. Apparently the Arkansas rock she crawled out from under is occupied. 

Screen Shot 2019-10-25 at 10.40.24 AM.png

• Sad 1

Adam    40

Think of it, House sends impeachment to Senate, no chance Senate will convict but the trial process keeps negative stuff in the news about POTUS, hopefully creating enough doubt about him which will peel time off the clock for 2020 Dems, Clinton and Bloomberg figure why put in any real work hunting/killing the prey when their true nature says wait, let the field thin its self and then drop in and pick the carcass.

Ann    368

Just to clarify, I know who Kamala Harris is, that’s the extent of the impression she made with me.

• Haha 1

Mahatma    33

lots of conspiracy theories as to how a small town mayor with very few achievements could be attached to a company like Shadow, Inc.   but then when you find out the parent companies and the shell companies that get 400million a year in taxpayer $$ to make ramps and stairs for the US NAVY.    these comanies are filled with "hilblazers"  (people who donated $100k to HRC and got 100 of their friends to do the same).    this is all an attempt to screw Bernie. 

KReed    597
2 hours ago, Mahatma said:

lots of conspiracy theories as to how a small town mayor with very few achievements could be attached to a company like Shadow, Inc.   but then when you find out the parent companies and the shell companies that get 400million a year in taxpayer $$ to make ramps and stairs for the US NAVY.    these comanies are filled with "hilblazers"  (people who donated $100k to HRC and got 100 of their friends to do the same).    this is all an attempt to screw Bernie. 

Being from a small Iowa town, I didn’t think it’s a stretch that the idea of nominating a midwestern mayor resonated with voters.

The final tallies seem consistent with what my home town paper listed as their “unofficial results” from around the area (meaning the local paper got these numbers the ol’ fashioned way by calling the local caucus officials without any “irregularities” that the app could have generated) :

http://lmgraphic.com/news/iowa-democratic-caucus-results-delayed?fbclid=IwAR1GRb6NW3bPfVG8ApFNYplMeEGI7xR7HH8fEKV2x2YHO1owmbCJn1R5hic#.Xjm4X5m1ZQo.facebook

Lake Mills (10 delegates)–71 attended,

Buttigieg 27 (4 delegates), Sanders 18 (2 delegates),

Biden 14 (2 delegates),

Warren 12 (2 delegates);

Scarville (2 delegates)–18 attended,

Buttigieg 13,

Sanders 5 (1 delegate each)

Buffalo Center (5 delegates): 42 attended,

Buttigieg 3 delegates,

Yang and Klobuchar 1 delegate each.

Chris    1,314

The only thing I know about Buttigieg is that every time I read about him it looks like "Mayor Pete" hasn't really done that great a job in that office. 

The fact that he's not batshit insane is nice, but I really don't see too much more substance there. 

• Like 1

KReed    597
23 hours ago, Chris said:

The only thing I know about Buttigieg is that every time I read about him it looks like "Mayor Pete" hasn't really done that great a job in that office. 

The fact that he's not batshit insane is nice, but I really don't see too much more substance there. 

I can't disagree with you on this! But smoothe without substance did seem to be enough in 2008 and 2012.

I was just noting that being able to come off as relate-able to "heartland" voters and their issues goes a long way, and Mayor Pete really did take the lead in the North Iowa towns around where I grew up. Just being from Indiana instead of coastal/urban states like Bernie, Liz and Joe could give him a natural edge on talking points that hit home. 

• Like 1

Adam    40

on way home was listening to NPR and there was some dem politician bemoaning Buttigieg's lack of experiance and first thing i thought was "wasnt a deal breaker in 08 and 12!"

• Like 3

Chris    1,314

Why I tune out people who preach to us about our “carbon footprint” and what we are doing to the environment, Exhibit A:

I’d say “A pox upon them all” but that wouldn’t be very fair to the pox.

• Like 2

Chris    1,314

Is it just me or is Joe Biden seeming more unhinged with each passing week? 

Mahatma    33
22 minutes ago, Chris said:

that video cheer was cringe

Mahatma    33
1 hour ago, Chris said:

also i just read Biden has cancelled his NH events and is headed to South Carolina. 

Biden is headed south, just like his campaign!  (yeah i stole that line) 

• Haha 2

Hal    252

Watching the media pie chart tonight , it seems no one has a “platform “ on which they run now ... It’s all about beating Trump . Not that I give a damn about Trump or Any others but it’s not about the Good of The Country anymore it’s all who can beat Trump . 

Cue the “ Getting rid of Trump would be Good for the Country “ comments . 

Chris    1,314

Well honestly, I’d be happy to see someone better come along. 

Mahatma    33

people that have been in office for 30 plus years have a plan. lol

the person that has been in for 3 years can run on his achievements!  

Andy    26
On 2/11/2020 at 1:02 PM, Chris said:

98134E65-8873-419C-ABA4-CB8A9DADB513.jpeg

• Like 1