Chris

Netflix: "The Highwaymen"

Chris    910

A friend of mine has been raving about this movie so we finally watched it last night. 

It's the story of the two retired Texas Rangers who tracked down Bonnie and Clyde. Woody Harrelson and Kevin Costner are fantastic in this one. Seems Woody especially has found new footing and taking on better roles these days. 

We didn't realize how many people were fans of and rooted for Bonnie and Clyde. Honestly, I was kinda shocked. This movie doesn't make heroes of them, it portrays them for what they were: killers. 

The only complaint I have about this movie is that at 2:12 it was a little long. There was a lot of artsy shots that while well done, I thought were kinda overdoing it. But what do I know. 

It's rated "R" for blood and violence, but honestly I didn't think it was that graphic compared to a lot of other stuff on TV these days. But if blood and ( especially at the end ) bullet riddled bodies bothers you, then I guess you're now forewarned. 

Netflix and other streaming services are really knocking it out of the park these days. I hope to see more movies and series like this in the future.

KarenK    75

Thanks for the review.  It's on my list and I think might be tonights movie.  Ironman 3 is also on my list for tonight.

Chris    910

Yeah, the last couple movies I've seen with him in them he seems to be better than he was around the Dances With Wolves period.

KarenK    75

I watched this one last night and really liked it.  David didn't even fall asleep in the middle so that's 4 stars.  lol