Chris

Quest Adventure Gaming

Chris    910

Screen Shot 2019-05-14 at 7.56.24 PM.png

607 Franklin Street, Watkins Glen NY 14891

https://questadventuregaming.com

We've done a few escape rooms locally, and honestly, I haven't been a huge fan of doing them. That is until we went to Quest in Watkins Glen back during Spring Break. 

We did the "Sweet Nightmares" escape room which is described on their website as follows:

If you thought the story of Hansel and Gretel was a friendly fairy tale then think again! After stumbling through the forest, you and your party have been captured and locked away in the cabin of a wicked witch. Now, this cannibalistic sorceress plans to make you her next meal... but can you escape her house of horrors and enchantments in time?

Now I have to be careful not to give anything away, but this escape room was some next level stuff. The technology that is put into it makes it that much more believable and fun. What I also liked was that the person working can hear and see what you're doing and can offer hints when you ask, or even a joke or two when you say something off color.

Now as I said before, I've never been much of a fan, but I think part of that is because we did them in large groups. Like 8 people, which is too much. Keep it small and you can keep it more organized. We got through this one with a minute or two left to spare, a first for us. 

They're in the process of building a new escape room which sounds to me like is gonna be pretty impressive:

NEW FOR 2019! Last season, the crew of the starship WAYWARD STORM strangely vanished, leaving our players to try and solve the mystery. Now board the Wayward once more to continue the daring adventure! With the missing crew's whereabouts finally known, it's up to you, your team, and the starship's Artificial Intelligence (S.A.I.) to see them safely returned. But will this rescue mission finally yield success, or do new and deadly surprises mean a daring race through the stars?

Experience with the previous Wayward Voyage adventure is not necessary... come enjoy a new story and puzzle in Watkins Glen's favorite starship!

The only thing I'd caution is, it's pretty easy to miss if you're not careful. It's located right next door to Pudgies on Franklin Street, with parking in the back. 

If you're looking for something fun for the family to do, and then maybe want to do a little shopping or get some BBQ for supper, keep Quest Adventure Gaming in mind. 

Chris    910

Well this time we didn't find out. However previous failures only made me feel stupid personally. And like we wasted our money. 

These things are best done in smaller groups. And even then you have to make sure everyone stays organized. 

KReed    415
12 hours ago, Chris said:

However previous failures only made me feel stupid personally. And like we wasted our money. 

That's the crux of my reluctance. 

I guess it would depend on the cost per session....but getting 90% there and failing, then having to pony up for  a whole new session or call it quits would tick me off. Calling it quits for zero accomplishment probably wouldn't make me want to try again.

I might be on board if they let you extend the session for a small fee (an extra 15 minutes for $x.00 until you cracked it, etc). 

Chris    910

Buying extra time is a good idea. I told the guy he should charge to watch people fumble around in there. I'd drop 5.00 to watch and make fun of them.

KarenK    75
27 minutes ago, Chris said:

Buying extra time is a good idea. I told the guy he should charge to watch people fumble around in there. I'd drop 5.00 to watch and make fun of them.

And this is why I don't do it