Sign in to follow this  
Chris

37 Best Toy Collecting Books Of All Time

Chris    910

There's as many collectors out there as there are toy lines to be collected. I personally started collecting vintage Star Wars toys about 5 years ago and it's grown into more than just the action figures. I've also branched out into collecting other 80's lines that catch my eye. 

It's more than just collecting a piece. It's knowing the value, what variants there are, how to spot fakes, etc. It's something you have to learn, but you have fun doing it. And yeah, you make mistakes now and then. I've walked away from things and still kick myself. That's where guide books come in handy. They're not so much price guides as they are a guide on how to learn about the hobby.

Here's a list of some of the best books out there: https://bookauthority.org/books/best-toy-collecting-books?fbclid=IwAR25hrNB0xz2Cq4ENAsbQurkNdzxrWhuEshjUGv5Ou4DnZzbp6CxBAJkoNg

Chris    910

I have several of Bellomo's books here and try to snap them up when new ones are published as they're often limited runs and sell out fast. I won't tell you what I paid for his last edition of The Ultimate Guide To G.I. Joe 1982-1994. The newest edition was practically sold out as soon as it was published so when I found a copy I alerted Josh at There And Back Again Collectibles so he could get it.