Chris

You'll Never Guess What They Found On McDonalds' Touch Screens

Chris    910

The Metro published findings today from an investigation they did on random samplings of U.K. McDonald's touch screens. The article was aptly titled "Poo Found on Every McDonald’s Touchscreen Tested."

According to the paper, they swabbed the new self-order machines in six different England locations—six in London and two in Birmingham. The breadth of different and concerning bacteria on each one worried Senior Lecturer in Microbiology at London Metropolitan University Dr. Paul Matawele, who told the Metro: "We were all surprised how much gut and [fecal] bacteria there was on the touchscreen machines. These cause the kind of infections that people pick up in hospitals." 

More at https://www.menshealth.com/trending-news/a25427571/mcdonalds-touchscreen-fecal-bacteria/?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=FCFacebook&utm_medium=SocialFlow&fbclid=IwAR3lhEBhKj_iXOGoc20NeeDeeV8lpGWc3zHd01Xdl5zwvKyMO-Tc1YkN6ns

KReed    415

Ewwww! :S

But it doesn't surprise me.

To be fair, I doubt this type of contamination is limited to fast food POS terminals. I have grown increasingly cautious of all touch screens and various communal 'implements' ....from entering my PIN for a debit card to handling the stylus to sign a digital screen. 

• Like 1

Chris    910

I'm sure you're right. 

Makes me wanna stay home even more. 

KarenK    75
3 hours ago, KReed said:

Ewwww! :S

But it doesn't surprise me.

To be fair, I doubt this type of contamination is limited to fast food POS terminals. I have grown increasingly cautious of all touch screens and various communal 'implements' ....from entering my PIN for a debit card to handling the stylus to sign a digital screen. 

I was thinking the same thing.  Every thing you touch.  Walmart shopping carts for instance.