Sign in to follow this  
Chris

"After Life" On Netflix

Chris    910

I found this the other day and being a fan of Ricky Gervais' sense of humor ( although I don't see eye to eye with him on other things ) I decided to check it out. 

After Life follows Tony, who has a perfect life before his wife dies from a battle with breast cancer. After contemplating suicide, he then decides to live long enough to punish the world for his wife's death by saying and doing whatever he wants to. Although he thinks of it as sort of a superpower, the situation turns tricky when everyone around him starts trying to make him a better person again.

It's hilarious, but is DEFINITELY not for everyone. The language is pretty harsh, so if swearing offends you, you're not gonna want to watch this. Especially the use of the "big C word", which in America elicits gasps but in other parts of the world is the same as calling someone an idiot. 

Four episodes into it, and I'm enjoying it. If British humor is your thing, and harsh language doesn't bother you, it's worth a look. 

Chris    910

Just finished it, and there wasn't enough episodes. 

It turned out to be more than just a comedy, it's a real human story. The feedback from the public has apparently blown Gervais away, it's really resonating with people somehow. Perhaps because so much of the world is so phony, people want something real. 

Or maybe I fell and hit my head.