Chris

Game Of Thrones Season 8 Official Trailer

Hal    213

Could have been worse ... could have been from Dunkin Donuts ! 

Chris    910

They are really rushing this season far too much. The writing and the storyline just isn't as solid and captivating as its been in seasons past to the point where some things make little to no sense. 

For as much hype as they gave it, it should be much, much better. 

Sunday night's episode was the best of this season, but that's like being valedictorian of Summer school. 

I have low expectations for the finale next week. 

Johnny Go    156
Posted (edited)

This season?  meh...  I thought episode five was pretty lame, just a lot of CGI with very little story and very anti-climatic ends to some of the story lines.  Everyone dies is a lazy way end a story.  This was worse than episode three when a six year major story arc ended with one poke from a small pointy thing.

I guess this is the result of George R.R. Martin having no contributions to the writing for the final season?

I can't believe I gave them my money for this crap.  I'm in this far, I'll finish it.  Three more days and my subscription is cancelled.  Never again HBO.

Edited by Johnny Go

Chris    910
10 hours ago, Johnny Go said:

I guess this is the result of George R.R. Martin having no contributions to the writing for the final season?

Exactly. And you know what? Screw George Martin too. It's been what, five years since the last book? 

They had two years and this is the best they could do? Seems like it's time for a do over. 

What worries me is the guys writing this were given a whole Star Wars trilogy. So I guess when it gets to the third one we can expect forgotten plot lines and hurried, half assed writing 

Ann    266

Meghan McCain, on the View, said she hated the finale.  She let slip what happened and was a lot of unhappy people.  People are really serious about this.

Chris    910

The finale wasn't terrible.  

Without going too far into things and ruining it for others, I think they ended it the only way they could without pandering to the fans. 

Hal    213

Meh ... I’ll catch up this winter on a bing watch ! 

Chris    910

Geezus, for a minute I thought that was a real article. 

Cuz ya know, they're so out of touch it could be. 

Chris    910

Since I can't post a couple other things that could spoil the show for those who haven't been let down  seen it yet, here's something that cracked me up recently:

• Like 1

Chris    910

On a more serious note, they had a documentary about the making of Season 8 on Sunday night and It was great. It's loaded with spoilers, so I can only show the trailer here. But to see the work and dedication that the production staff and crew put into the series was impressive. Additionally, you get to see the reactions of the cast when they find out what happens to who... it's very emotional for many of them. Speaking of emotional, there's a shot where Sophie Turner ( Sansa Stark ) has to get into the mindset at a funeral scene. I don't know what she did to bring out the tears, but there's a quick shot of her still crying after the scene was shot. 

Anyways, it was well worth watching: