KReed

Manifest - NBC

KReed    415

From the previews building up to it, this looked like an intriguing premise. 

The first episode didn't disappoint. It had shades of the original X-Files and I couldn't wait for the nest episode. 

Meh. A little too much of the love-triangles and relationship struggles for me. I'll give it one more episode to get back on track and focus on whatever mysterious forces are at work. If that doesn't become the main plot by next week - I'm done.

Chris    910

We started watching it as well because yeah, the premise looked pretty interesting. 

So far I'm good with it, as long as it doesn't drag on with BS side plots so much that you can't figure out what's going on. 

KarenK    75

I agree.  I liked it. Dave not so much but he didn't see the first one only the 2nd.  I did start getting a bit distracted by the end of #2 and it wasn't holding my attention like the first.  Will watch again.

KReed    415

I came close to giving up on it a few episodes ago....but stuck with and am liking the turn toward the conspiracy/sci-fi themes.

I think Fox Mulder would approve. 

Chris    910

Funny, we were just watching the latest episode last night and I thought of this thread. 

I've come close to giving up on this show a time or two, but the rest of the family keeps watching it so I hang in there. The characters haven't completely "connected" with me like "New Amsterdam" or "This Is Us". But there's enough of a plot to at least get me to look up from my book while it's on. 

• Like 1

KarenK    75
On 11/22/2018 at 6:46 AM, Chris said:

Funny, we were just watching the latest episode last night and I thought of this thread. 

I've come close to giving up on this show a time or two, but the rest of the family keeps watching it so I hang in there. The characters haven't completely "connected" with me like "New Amsterdam" or "This Is Us". But there's enough of a plot to at least get me to look up from my book while it's on. 

I am the opposite. I found that I like Manifest and have a hard time connecting to New Amsterdam, but keep watching.

KReed    415

I hadn't watched any of New Amsterdam yet, but started from the pilot until you two mentioned it here.

I just finished the third episode and am leaning toward agreeing with Karen more than Chris on it. 

(**UPDATE: Watched three more and I am wondering if they will ever make it through an episode without injecting a heaping on the SJW crap.)

Edited by KReed